Diamond Artest is a charismatic, vibrant eight-year-old who enjoys acting, singing, school and making art projects. Her first single, “Fighter,” was inspired by her own fight against cancer, and was released on iTunes on September 27th.
Diamond was diagnosed with Wilm’s Tumor, a kidney cancer that occurs in children, in November 2007. She underwent treatment – including chemotherapy, kidney surgery at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and radiation – and has remained cancer free since late 2008. “Fighter” was written for anyone who is going through a challenging time in their life to encourage them to have the stamina to fight against their own battles.
Diamond has been studying acting and singing for the past three years, and has performed in several children’s plays. This past summer she filmed for the upcoming movie, “Think Like a Man,” based on the New York Times Best Seller book written by Steve Harvey.
In her free time, Diamond loves playing handball, dancing and making people laugh. The message she wishes to bring through her music and acting is one of hope and inspiration.
For updates on what Diamond is doing, please visit her facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-Artest/123466544424773
Link to iTunes for single purchase: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fighter-single/id467188821
• Diamond Artest was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor, a kidney cancer that occurs in children, in November 2007
• "Fighter" was inspired by Diamond's successful fight against cancer, and was written for anyone who is going through a challenging time in their life, to encourage them to have stamina against their obstacles
• She underwent treatment including chemotherapy, kidney surgery and radiation at St. Jude's Hospital, and has remained cancer-free since late 2008
• Proceeds of the single will be donated to children's cancer research facilities, to further the battle against cancer which so many other families are fighting. Fifteen percent (15%) of the purchase price of the single is being donatedto St. Jude Children's Research Hospital through October 2012.
• “Fighter” was produced by Dirk Pate.
• Metta World Peace, his family and entire organization have a very robust social network and will make sure everyone within their reach is aware of the single and cause.